Monday, April 11, 2005

My goodness, what a great weekend! Even though I am chomping at the bit to recap all the pointless-to-anyone-who-wasn't-there revalry, but before I do I just have to post THIS:

Hey, Mike!, Rob likes Rush, you like Rush...DISCUSS!

Hahahahahaha, sorry Roe, but I just had to. But be proud, it was probably one of the absolute highlights of the evening and will be a continuing source of giddy amusement for months/years to come!

So anyway, it was a great weekend. Got to see all the friends I miss most and had an awsome time. We had a little bit of everythig: I-CON, Corrupting my son, Playing games designed to make your family as miserable as possible before offing them, huge diner outing complete with flamboyant surly waiter, trip to Dave & Busters, the always productive BS roundtable at friends house and the perfuntory promises that we will do it all again soon. Then of course as I drive home, realizing, Frank is going back to CHI, Roe and Rob and driving way on back to Queens yada yada yada will anyone really make the calls? But nevertheless I smile a big smile and think, "F\/CK IT!" I had a blast and these are guys I could see once a day, week, year or decade and be as happy as pie each time.

Yea, I'll make the call this time, I'll give it a shot. Hell even if I wind up shooting blanks and it all falls through, WTF they're worth it.

You don't like my sappy rant? Oh well...BL@W ME! That's from the heart my friends :-)

Now onto other fronts:

Wife: Wonderful, she continues to be a dream come true (and no she doesn't read my blog).

Son: Holy crap he is the best thing I've ever done. I never would have guessed that a two year old could make me flat out laugh like he does. (I guess we know daddy's mental maturity level now) Best of all, god bless his soul, he will say ANYTHING I ask him to! Absolute power corrupts my friend. It's all I can do to restrict myself from having him saying anything that will get social services called on my A$$. "Mr. Jackson never touched me". Good boy.

Cancer: Had my 4th surgery and 3rd radioactive iodine treatment. I am pysched, a few more surgeries and I am bound to finish the series! "Oh look honey, 'Lumpy Misshapen Grey Mass' my collection is complete!"

Job: Computer Associates. Love it here. Great manager. Can say anymore. It's scarey how many people are getting fired these days for talking about their jobs in blog.

Hobbies: EQ2 Started lame, getting better. I think I am burning out on the whole PC online multiplayer thing. I miss pen and paper, dice, real people and 7-11 runs man...

Plans: Alicia and I are definitely planning a trip to Las vegas soon. We just need to nail a date in the next couple months. Also taking the boy to Disney later this year. Be a first for him AND ME! Luckily my wife is a pro...er...I mean she's been around...no that's not right...I mean she's experienced...DAMIT SHE'S BEEN THERE BEFORE OK?!?!?

Observations: I was great to finally meet Jessica. It is easy to see what a wonderful complement she and Al make to eachother and I am sure the Care Bear thing is treatable. :-) Was really good to see Roe in a non-funeral setting as well. Her and Rob seem really happy and she adds a really critical component to a group of friends...fodder...JUST KIDDING! Frank buddy, what can I say? We love you, I love you (In a completely gender neutral and appropriate way) and as you've said all weekend; It IS your fault! :-) Mike has jovially succeeded in being banned from interacting with my child for another two years, but I really wouldn't want it any other way... (Figure out the meaning behind THAT statement!) :-D

Ok I cannot believe I have had the free time to write all this crap and I doubt you'll have the time to read it, but if you do, Hey, good job! See you all soon...er or later.

Always,
Wry

No comments: