Tuesday, October 05, 2004

HERE WE GO AGAIN...



Well the duality of life has struck again. On the one side, my new job is wonderful and gives me 3 hrs a day back to spend with my family. On the bad side:

1. My Son is sick with Sinusitis and Raging Pink Eye in both eyes
2. I am sick with Sinusitis and Pink eye in one eye
3. I have no choice but to work through it because:
4. 2 Biopsies of the right side of my next came back positive and:
5. I must have a full right side neck dissection just as I did on the left which will:
6. Leave me without much feeling on both sides of my neck, lower cheeks and upper shoulders and:
7. Since they are going into the Thyroid bed a second time, the chances of having voice problems go from 1% to 10-15%
8. I am just so tired of this...

But believe it or not I am also about the happiest I ever have been so it's time to just suck it up and deal.

Luckily my new job is being supportive and my position should be secure even if I miss 5-6 days before I have earned any Sick or Vacation time...

Well I guess that's the highlights for now :-)

Always,
Wryguy

No comments: